The HOTBIN is made from
The HOTBIN is made from ARPRO® Expanded Polypropylene also known as “EPP”. This is a specialist, multi-use plastic that is very durable . ARPRO® EPP offers high impact strength and is used extensively throughout the automotive industry in impact protection components such as car bumpers and can also be found in children’s bicycle safety helmets. EPP also has tremendous insulation properties too!
EPP is not a “single-use” plastic, the material is fully recyclable and can be made into new products. HOTBIN consists of just 4% raw material and 96% air, making the HOTBIN extremely resource efficient!
The HOTBIN is like no other compost bin on the market, it will quickly chomp through all your food and garden waste turning it into rich, organic compost your garden will love.
The innovative design and insulating nature of the material keeps the HOTBIN HOT, creating a natural environment which quickly digests the contents, making HOT composting easy – all without having to add any composting accelerators or activators!
HOTBIN reduces the amount of waste sent to incineration by composting more types of food waste. Be less selective by composting 100% of all food and garden waste without the traditional composting problems of odor, flies, turning and tumbling.
HOTBIN has been independently tested by Garden Organic and voted Best Composting Making Product in the Great British Growing Awards, HOTBIN has thousands of satisfied customers in the UK and quite a few now in Switzerland proving that HOTBIN really is a HOT composting bin that works
HOTBIN composting benefits
- Rich compost fast – 30 -90 days
- More compost – Recycle all food and garden waste
- Easy to set up and use – no back breaking turning or tumbling, undue odor, flies
- Locate on any even surface – Sun or shade
- Self-contained bin (has a bottom)
- Better for the environment
- No accelerators or activators needed
- Works ALL year round
Finding the Right Spot?
Locate HOTBIN on any flat surface, in sun or shade and achieve HOT composting throughout the year and rich compost in 30 – 90 days.
What Do You Get
The HOTBIN Mark2 is a slimline hot composter designed for household of 2-4 persons with a garden.
The HOTBIN Mark2 compost bin arrives assembled and ready to use.
What you will receive :
- Cardboard box packaging is recyclable. Once you remove the HOTBIN from the box, shred the carton and use for base layer in your HOTBIN.
- Lid Thermometer to monitor temperature
- Tight lid seal and bio-filter to reduce smells and associated attraction of vermin and flies
- Aeration valve plate to moderate temperature
- 50mm thick insulating walls to retain the heat
- Aeration base plate to disperse air within the bin
- Removable front hatch to extract new compost
- Two cam straps (to maintain an airtight hatch)
- “How to” user guide in English from Manufacturer. The French and German translations available online.
- Extra thermometer to track the HOTBIN’s internal temperature
- ‘Kick Start Heater’ (to keep HOTBIN working in winter)
- Raking stick (for mixing in materials and removing compost
- 25 litre bag of woodchips
This product is shipped from Switzerland and will be delivered in 2-3 days.
Have any questions before you make your purchase? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org